HOME Admissions Visa Visa Issuance


Visa Issuance

Visa Issuance

If you are planning to study or work in Korea, you must apply for a relevant visa at an overseas Korean embassy or consulate. In order to obtain a visa you must submit the required documents to the embassy.

The application procedure may vary depending on the embassy or consulate, so it is recommended that you check with your local Korean embassy or consulate beforehand. The length of the visa is determined by the Korean consular officer, and the expiration date on your visa may not match the end date of your degree program or employment contract.

If your visa expires before you complete your tasks, you will need to apply for a visa extension at the Korean Immigration Office.

Required documents may be added or changed depending on individual circumstances. For more information, you can contact the Korean immigration office by phone at 1345 (with no area code) or visit their website at http://www.hikorea.go.kr.